Wednesday, March 28, 2007

How Do You Solve a Problem Like a Westin


Well I have been working like a dog. But that should be no surprise, being an architect. It goes with the vocation. It changes you. It builds character. Right?

Anyway, I've been working on this job out in the southwest suburbs of Chicago that has been quite a learning experience. Before this job I have worked on many different types of projects: residential (single family and renovation), tenant buildouts for a pizza chain and a formalwear chain, office, anything. And I am happy to say that although the jobs before this one were considered "small" they prepared me to deal with this hotel job. It's big but if you break it down and work well with people the job gets done. And hopefully just hopefully, there will be something profound left behind.

Then it's on to the next one.

It has been a while since I wrote. Long story = big life changes = a break up and moving and an incredibly busy career schedule. Just riding the busy business of things right now. No internet at home yet so I'm typing this from the Harold Washington Library in Chicago.

This Westin will be done by this summer. It's been a long haul (so far). Longer for others than me. I've been on the job for about a couple months over a year, some over 5 years. Again long story. We're all a little tired, but it will be done. Builds character ...

No comments: